Saturday 1 October 2011

Couch-Worthy Mac'n'Cheese

This recipe is perfect for those cold winter days where you're sitting on the couch, just wasting time.

White Sauce:
50g butter
5 tblspn plain flour
2 1/2 cups milk
S + P
1/2 cup tasty cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella
Whole grain mustard
1 tsp ground nutmeg
2 rashes bacon - diced and fried

Pasta:
400g pasta of choice

Parsley - chopped


1. Prepare pasta and make roux. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add flour, stirring continuously for 1 min, until it comes together into a smooth ball.

2. Remove from heat and gradually add in milk, stirring continuously until completely incorporated (this makes a nice, smooth white sauce). Return to heat, and while stirring, bring to boil, then reduce heat and cook for a further 2 mins. Remove from heat. 3. Seasoning time! S + P to taste, nutmeg, mustard, diced bacon, and cheese. 4. Pasta should be ready by now, douse in white sauce and serve with fresh parsley on top. 5. Claim your favoured couch position and enjoy
-||-
Mac and cheese has been one of my favourite meals since I was little. When I get the craving for it, I make it with whatever I have laying around the house. This particular variation I made when I confined to the house over a weekend, because of final exams. It was so delicious, and terrible, I just had to add it on the blog. Hope you like it <3

No comments:

Post a Comment